Geoff Ables, C5 Insight Managing Partner, appeared in an episode of “Weekly Coffee Talk with Cincom” hosted by Cincom CPQSync Account Executive Tami Jones. In the recorded video episode, “CPR for CRM,” Ables shares some metrics on the failure rate of CRM Systems and the results of one study that indicates almost 50% of companies have attempted to implement CRM two or more times. He also provides insight from over twenty years of helping organizations rescue their CRM projects.
Ables suggests that each organization needs to best balance somewhere between the extreme positions on six key aspects of solution specification, project leadership and ongoing system management.
- Integrated Technology Solution – An obsession with an out-of-the box solution vs. best-of-breed point solutions
- C-Level Engagement – Buy-in vs. project ownership
- IT Role – Excluded from the project vs. driving the project
- Sales, Service, and Marketing Leaders – Hands-off vs. administering
- Front-Line Users Accountability, Empowerment, Adoption – An optional “reference system” vs. not enough human touch
- Choice of Implementation Partner – A technology vendor vs. influential business partner and project owner
Ables said, “Great organizations never forget that they exist to serve people. Most of the implementation struggles companies experience with CRM relate to focusing more on the technology than the people. CRM is a tool to serve people, your customers as well as your people who are facing customers.”
The “CPR for CRM” video episode is approximately 30 minutes in length and is available to watch on-demand at https://cincomweb.wistia.com/medias/3r71ahkxbe.
Ables is the author of “The LUCK Principle: Business Results at the Intersection of People & Profit.” In the book he teaches how to harness the power of people, process and technology to transform a business into a digital workplace that balances a people-first culture with bottom-line results. The book is available in both paperback and Kindle versions on Amazon at https://www.Amazon.com/dp/B01N0QW5H4.
Geoff Ables, C5 Insight Managing Partner, is a bestselling author, international keynote speaker and consultant. He has over 20 years of consulting experience on topics including the future of work, digital disruption, customer relationship management, social collaboration and big data. Widely regarded as a thought leader on customer and employee engagement, his insights have been seen and heard in dozens of global venues. He founded C5 Insight in 2002 and has consulted with hundreds of companies in a broad range of industries. The firm has twice been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies.
For more information about Geoff Ables and C5 Insight, visit
- SnacTripster, the Brand with a BIG Purpose: The First Eco-friendly Travel Food Kit Designed to Make Healthy Snacking Easier for Kids with Disabilities - October 19, 2021
- Dr. Ginger Bratzel, Marketing Strategist, Interviewed on Podcast About Helping Healthcare Providers & Service-Based Businesses Attract Ideal Clients & Patients - October 18, 2021
- John J. Duddy, President of Strategic Tax and Insurance Services, Inc., Interviewed on the Influential Entrepreneurs Podcast - October 15, 2021