Her book hit bestseller lists on Amazon.com within 24 hours of release, achieving #1 New Release in One-L Legal Profession, #1 in Legal Education Profession, and #2 in Law Legal Education.
Her groundbreaking book includes three distinct sections that guide prospective and current law students through the process of law school. These include:
- The Plunge
- The Rat Race
- The Servant (we focus on “the grind” part of this chapter for our talk)
The Kindle Edition has bonus content, including:
- Milestones to track progress through each section
- How to join her #LostSistersCircle Safe Space for all levels of aspiring and current minority women in law
- Pros and Cons checklist of Big Firm/Law Jobs versus a Solo Practice
- #TrademarkThatThursdays Signature List of Definitions in IP Law
- Featured business recommendations for business startup needs
Speer explained that one of the key learning objectives this book provides is that when it is understood that certain milestones are required and may feel overwhelming, the student feels less apprehensive about what lies ahead. Understanding the steps to take to successfully navigate through each stage of law school will empower the student to levels of achievement they never thought possible.
Speer said: “If you don’t find your passion during law school, you will be forced to process poor occupational wellness and feelings of dissatisfaction. Thus, you will later have to restart and reinvent yourself for your own happiness. Furthermore, the blessings you receive from understanding the grind part of your third year in law school are wrapped up in learning how to be of better service to others rather than feeling superior just because you hold a Juris Doctor degree. “
Purchase a copy of her book on Amazon
About Neena Speer:
Neena is an attorney, author, speaker, and truth dealer. She has a solo law firm called the Neena R. Speer Law Firm LLC. She is a Founder and Executive Director of her mentoring nonprofit focused on continuous mentorship for all students at all levels K-12 & college, Step 1-2-3 Mentor for Life Initiative, that she started her 3L year of law school. Lastly, she is a five-time published author with her most recent book being Dear Future Lawyer: An Intimate Survival Guide for the Female Minority Law Student. Her passion since she was in eighth grade was to be a criminal defense attorney in her hometown where she grew up: Birmingham, AL. She is living out that dream and beyond as she has spoken for countless organizations including the University of Alabama School of Law, the YMCA, the Black Girl Project, the National HBCU Pre-Law Summit, and her upcoming TEDx Youth Davenport Talk entitled “Diversity Redefined” March 2021. Her talks are about her experiences as a law student, a black minority in the law field, and her journey past failing her first bar exam. She specializes in Trademarks, Copyrights, Business Formation, Contracts Drafting/Review, Criminal Defense, and Family Law.
Learn More: https://neenarspeerlawfirm.com
Latest posts by brian (see all)
- Wakefield Children’s Author, Mary’Beth Brady-Buckley, Releases First Book to Help Children Find “The Silver Lining” in Difficult Times - February 26, 2021
- Brilliance Business TV Features Self-Proclaimed Ms. Mermaid, Dawn Bates, Who Shares Her Love for The Ocean and How She Uses Her Remarkable Gift of Guiding Others to Discover the Power in Their Voice! - February 25, 2021
- Mind and Life Transformation Expert Yuvraj Kapadia Reveals Ancient Secrets of Happiness and Emotional Healing in Powerful New Online Program - February 24, 2021