Dr. Russell Kennedy has dealt with fear and anxiety firsthand as he suffered as a child of a parent with bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Having experienced such a traumatic youth is exactly what led him to pursue medicine and a deeper understanding of what causes mental health issues. More importantly, it led him to discover what can alleviate them…for good!
Author of the #1 Amazon Bestseller, Anxiety Rx, and widely known as The Anxiety MD, Dr. Russell Kennedy, is a neuroscientist, a medical doctor who also has Master’s level training in Developmental Psychology, a corporate speaker, a yoga and meditation teacher (RYT-200) AND a professional stand-up comedian since 2006. Perhaps the years of dabbling in jokes and humor have prepared the doctor for such a serious career and have allowed him to make a tremendous difference in the lives of many others by approaching such a sensitive topic with a light-hearted, relatable tone. Dr. Kennedy has spent years dedicated to anxiety relief and has used this knowledge to develop courses, programs, events, and various digital platforms that provide individuals suffering from debilitating anxiety with the answers that they desire to live a happier, more balanced life.
What allows Dr. Kennedy’s methods to truly work their magic is that they come from a place of complete understanding of anxiety, both personally and professionally. He’s lived through the challenges and can fully empathize with his patients, eliminating the worry of embarrassment they often have. The problem with many traditional therapies is that they don’t fully treat the condition we call “anxiety”. Traditional treatment methods usually focus on changing the way a person thinks. Dr. Kennedy, however, maintains that anxiety is more an issue of the ‘feeling’ body than the ‘thinking’ mind. Dr. Kennedy’s research has shown that it is essential, for true healing, to allow the body to release what is trapped inside and feel the feelings associated with the events to truly let them go.
The courses, programs, events, and digital platforms developed over the years by The Anxiety MD have enabled the doctor to help many individuals create a better life, free from anxiety and the wide range of emotions that accompany the condition.
Dr. Kennedy’s comprehensive list of resources includes a wide range of methods that allow individuals with any type of learning preference to take advantage of his programs. A unique factor of Dr. Kennedy’s delivery style is that he is in tune with today’s means of receiving information. Individuals today seek convenient knowledge, expertise from someone relatable, and sources that provide engaging information. As a result, Dr. Kennedy has carefully created digital platforms that reach individuals anywhere at any time.
- The Anxiety MD YouTube channel: Here, Dr. Kennedy provides informative techniques and useful strategies, for the massive online following he has built, to help with things such as understanding why people have anxiety, how to stop panic attacks, finding relief with three simple questions and he even adds videos highlighting his stand-up acts. Laugh along with the thousands of others who enjoy Dr. Kennedy share how laughter can truly be the best medicine!
- @theanxietymd on Instagram: Everyone’s favorite Emotional Trauma Surgeon provides quick tips, quotes, and links for helping busy individuals stay on track mentally and emotionally.
- Anxiety Rx: This powerful podcast features Dr. Kennedy and cohost Dr. Lorne Brown, a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine, who discuss making meaningful mind-body connections to resolve internal feelings of anxiety and how to overcome them to reach full potential.
- Clubhouse: @theanxietymd offers a strong presence on the latest social media audio app platform to provide his knowledge of anxiety and helpful remedies to conquer it.
As a doctor who has experienced anxiety himself, and discontentment in his life because of it, he has proven to be exactly the one to help others successfully work through their angst and chronic worry and move to a place of peace and tranquility. The Anxiety MD provides all the resources needed to get back into a life of certainty once again.
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William Jones
ABOUT THE BRAND
Dr. Russell Kennedy is the author of the #1 Amazon bestselling book, Anxiety Rx. He is a neuroscientist and medical doctor who graduated from the University of Western Ontario. Dr Kennedy has Master’s level training in Developmental Psychology from the Neufeld Institute, and is a corporate speaker and a yoga and meditation teacher (RYT-200). Additionally, Dr. Kennedy, widely known as The Anxiety MD, has been a stand-up comedian since 2000, an attribute that most certainly sets him apart from other MDs and one might imagine enables him to have a highly adored bedside manner.
Dr. Kennedy suffered from severe anxiety as a child which prompted him to pursue a career in medicine that would enable him to help others avoid a life of pain. Today he has developed a variety of courses and programs that help individuals gain answers that ultimately allow them to live a more balanced life, free from chronic worry and debilitating anxiety.
- Medi-Share partners with Lestonnac Free Clinic for their “Wheels That Heal” Grand Opening - May 19, 2022
- #1 Bestselling Author and English Confidence Coach Francisca Garcés Launches Here Signature Program The English Confidence Method - May 18, 2022
- “Ignite Your Wisdom,” The Latest Compilation Book By Ignite Publishing Became An International Bestseller In 7 Countries After A Successful Launch On May 14th, 2022 - May 18, 2022