Boulder, Colorado — The majority of Americans are deeply worried about rapidly rising healthcare costs and access to healthcare, according to an April 2019 Gallup Poll. What options do patients have when they receive unexpectedly large medical bills? How can they find well-qualified doctors and prepare for doctors’ visits?
Dr. Lawrence Lazarus and Dr. Jeffrey Foster have been fielding questions like these from their patients for many years. They share insider strategies for navigating the U.S. healthcare system and getting the best healthcare possible in their new book, Insider’s Guide to Quality, Affordable Healthcare, an Amazon #1 bestseller.
The authors each have 35 years of experience as prominent physicians, researchers, and are ardent advocates for their patients. In an interview, they can discuss practical strategies for:
• Reducing out-of-pocket medical expenses.
• Understanding how our often dysfunctional healthcare system really works.
• Obtaining a second or third opinion from a specialist.
• Lowering the risk of medical, hospital and medication errors.
• Staying healthy and avoiding the healthcare system.
This comprehensive book avoids medical jargon, and is filled with real-life medical stories, including the doctors’ own experiences as patients, about overcoming serious illnesses and medical debt. It is available on Amazon.com, Ingram and Bookazine.
To help readers stay informed about the latest healthcare news, The Insider’s Guide will be frequently updated at www.qualityaffordablehealthcare.net. Readers can sign up to receive the doctors’ monthly email healthcare forum.
“This book is as valuable as that GPS system on your cell phone.”
— Constance Holden, RN, MSN, Co-chair of the Clinical Ethics Committee, Boulder Community Health
About the Authors
Dr. Lawrence Lazarus specialized in geriatric medicine and psychiatry at Rush Medical School and University in Chicago, Illinois where he founded the Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program. A former president of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry and recipient of numerous teaching and research grants from the National Institute of Mental Health, Dr. Lazarus has a private practice in Santa Fe, New Mexico and provides consultation to patients/families seeking a second medical opinion.
Dr. Jeffrey Foster has led an exemplary career as a professor, teacher, and researcher in geriatric psychiatry at New York University Medical Center. He knows the importance of the interdisciplinary team approach to patient care, by having worked collaboratively with doctors, nurses, and social workers in various medical settings. A former president of the American Association for Geriatric Psychiatry, he’s received numerous research and teaching grants from the National Institute of Mental Health. He lives with his family in Longmont, Colorado.
Dr. Lawrence Lazarus, email@example.com, 505-820-2302
Dr. Jeff Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-442-2269
Latest posts by brian (see all)
- Happy Bains Announces Being a Featured Author in Book Published on Amazon: Pathway to a Positive Mental Attitude:17 Steps to Success Conversations with World-Class Napoleon Hill Certified Leaders - August 23, 2019
- James Dentley Will Be Receiving And Giving Away The “Mentorship Award” From The CHOC Children’s Foundation At The eZWay Awards Golden Gala On August 30th Located At The Center Club Orange County, CA. - August 21, 2019
- Michelle Foss-Zampino, founder of Healing Creative, talks about beating burn out in new interview on Business Innovators Radio - August 21, 2019